20 April 2010

The Baby Maker



I finished this quilt for my sister Julie a few months ago, but I couldn't post it cuz it was a surprise for her wedding.  Anyhowzit, I gave it to her this past week in San Diego.  Here is the long-waited pix of The Baby Maker.
I had been saving fat quarters and other various fabrics for quite some time for this project.  Just a mish-mash of awesomeness, if you ask me.  My favorite part, you ask?  The border.  Machine bound the binding after making 1 1/2 inch bias tape.  It is definitely faster than doing it by hand, but I don't know if I'd do it on another quilt.  The finished size is 82"x 65".  I heart the plaid!

2 comments:

  1. I cant wait to use it. Im just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I {heart} this quilt! Quilting is something I don't have patience for! Good for you!! Love the new blog, btw!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!!!