11 March 2011

Catching Up

Well, we are expecting our third little yahoo here come October, so I have been really sick.  In fact, I have kind of disappeared off the face of the planet.  I don't plan on making my return any time soon, but I am hoping the sick will be gone in about three weeks.  One can hope, right?


That being said, I have been busy sewing.  Not as much as usual but I have been working on a few things.  There was a two week period that I did not get my sewing machine out once, which is crazy for me.  I usually have it out once a day.  Here is my latest afternoon project.  It is a pillow for my bed, as an accessory to my hexagon quilt that I finished in November.  


The pillow I made is the one on the right.  I got the other one at Target, as did everybody else on the planet.  Here is a close up of my beauty.  
It was actually pretty easy to make.  I got the greatest ruler in the world.  You can find it here.  It is the greatest little hexagon ruler.  It uses jelly roll's.  No paper piecing, no sewing in thirds.  AMAZING.


I guess I have been on a pillow kick cuz I made some pillows for my couch as well.  I bought Anna Maria Horner's book Handmade Beginnings .  It is a great book!  I have already made the booties, the Mariposa maternity dress and these pillows!  I am not sure if we will be keeping this couch when we move but I will work the pillows in somehow.  Note to self:  read the directions for seam allowances.  ALWAYS.


I will have a few more things to post later.  Like I said, I made myself a maternity dress but I am not quite done altering it.  It is difficult to make maternity things and guess what your measurements will be when you are huge.  I am not huge...yet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!!!